April 23, 2008

New Friends & Prayer Journals

Last night was the final night of our Bible Study , but as Beth says, it was the first night of stepping out to live a life Believing God.

It's hard to believe nine weeks have already come and gone. When I committed to doing this study, nine weeks seemed so long. I have to say that I got so involved in the study and doing the homework, that the weeks just flew by.

I can't even begin to explain all the amazing things that I learned through this study, but two of the most precious things I will take with me are my Prayer Journal and a new friend.



Beth is a self-proclaimed index card junkie--a girl after my own heart. She taught me to pray scriptures over special situations in my life and the lives of those I love. One of her examples is to pray Romans 5:5 when she is struggling to love someone, particularly someone who has wronged her.

Romans 5:5 (NIV) And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he gas given us.

To pray this scripture, I 'rewrote' it to be prayerful and from my heart to God:

Romans 5:5 (Prayer) Father, I know that hope will not disappoint me, because you have poured out your love into my heart by the Holy Spirit, whom You have given me. Please help me to love _______ with your love, enabled by your spirit.

I'm also taking away several new relationships, but one relationship has developed more than the others that I've made within our group. For now, I'll call her J. It is such a blessing to get to know someone with similar interests and strong beliefs here in the Valley. I've struggled with making strong Christian friendships in the almost 12 years I've lived here. God is faithful.

For those of you who've done this study:

1. God is who He says He is.
2. God can do what He says He can do.
3. I am who God says I am.
4. I can do all things through Christ.
5. God's word is alive and active in me.

I'm believing God!