December 30, 2008

I'm Back and Feeling Rather Jumbled


Well, I've had a lovely holiday, spending most of my time at home with Pickle and J which is exactly what I love to do most.

What word(s) would you use to describe your holiday?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jumbled. Yes, I'm feeling a bit (or a lot) jumbled in regard to consumerism and it's place in our culture and our home, especially during holidays where Christ should be held above all else.

I've been feeling a tug toward a simpler life for the past eight or ten years that has developed into a strong pull. Thankfully, J is with me on this for the most part. (We are in total disagreement about the dollar value of digital cable and the need for a land line, but other than that, we're on the same page.)

Until I have my thoughts together (who knows if that will ever happen??), I thought I'd leave you with a few links to what some others (who are like minded in both simplifying their lives and in their Christian perspective) think on this subject.

You can read Shaun's thoughts here, here, here and here. He has a lot of thoughts. Some are downright compelling.

Simple Mom wrote this post that led me to think even more about 'stuff.' I think I'd like to pick up this book as well.

Two other sites on simplicity and frugal living I read each day are Down to Earth and Frugal Dad.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on simplifying (or not) your life and home; what you have done (or not done) and why.