July 4, 2008

Happy Independence Day!


I get tired of all the '4th of July' stuff. I feel like our current culture is downplaying the fact that this is our Independence Day. Our day of Freedom; both political and religious.

Now, if you've been with me these past six months, you know I have never, and will not often, talk politics on this blog. That's not my purpose here. However, what I'm about to say has been heavy on my heart for the past week or so.

Please, on this day of celebration, be mindful of all those who have fought; those, both military and civilian, who have given their lives to preserve our precious Independence.

Please remember, this is not just another day to have a big barbecue. There is history, meaning and purpose in this day of celebration.

Finally, as we head into the upcoming election season, think long and hard about which candidate will stand as an American to preserve our Independence and Freedom should either be tested in years to come.