November 4, 2008

All Bound Up

(OK Cole, my title totally made me think of your Colace problem on your elk hunt! I actually laughed out loud. Again.)


Do you remember this post about possibilities?

And this post about binding?

Want to see the end result?


Of course you do!



The best part is, it's reversible! Of course, I didn't remember to take a photo of the other side until I was out of light and I'm stubborn about using a flash. So, take a gander at the binding post and you'll see the print on the other side.


I wore it to church on Sunday morning, held together with two straight pins! I figured if Amish women can safely work all day in dresses fastened with straight pins, surely I could teach one hour of Children's Church in a skirt fastened with them. (I couldn't find any sew-on snaps Saturday!)

I drafted the pattern to fit my measurements. I used this tutorial for the math and this post for the binding inspiration.

I think I could have made the panels a bit narrower, the overlap is huge! But, at least I don't have to worry about wearing it on a windy day. Even if the flap blew up, I'd be completely covered by the one underneath.

Also, I now realize I could use a full-length mirror somewhere in my house! I had to stand on the toilet to get a photo!