October 20, 2008

I May Have Created a Monster

Our Pickle Girl is very into art these days. She loves to color with both crayons & colored pencils, paint with both tempera & finger paints, work with Play-Doh, draw in the dirt, etc.

She especially loves her Doodle-Writer. That's what we call this little magnetic drawing board. We got it this summer as a, "Surprise--we're going on a nine hour car ride, this will keep you happy and occupied, right?" gift. Wrong. It did keep her happy and occupied, just not for nine hours.

The other day, I was in my office typing away and she came in with said Doodle-Writer to do some doodling.

This was her first masterpiece. It is the first (almost) complete circle I've witnessed from her sweet hands, so I told her I wanted to take a photo before she erased it.

I did. She was happy. She told me it was a pear.


About 30 seconds later, she comes to me with this: a back (you know, your back) and a bear. I told her they were lovely. She said, "Take a picture now Mamma." I obliged thinking that would be the end of it.

Um, no.

30 seconds later and I got this: "Another one circle. Take a picture now, Mamma"


And "Another one circle, Mamma. Take a picture." Her pride was oozing from every pore.


When she brought me this one, I asked what it was. She said, "Daddy!"

Well, if that don't beat all!

*Note: please be thankful for the other photos of "Another one circle." that I left out.