July 1, 2010

A Hippie & Some Pickle Love :: July 1

Last night we stopped at the House of Satan (aka: Wal-Mart) for a couple of things. J spotted an empty express check-out line, so I scooted over while he took Pickle to get a mini-cone from McDonald's. The young checker scanned the first couple of items and tossed them in a plastic bag. I told her I had a bag in my purse that I'd get for her. While she waited, she picked up the four boxes of Annie's Naturals Mac n Cheese left on the counter and looked back up at me as I shook out my bag. Her eyes got big and she said, "Are you like, a hippie?" Um, no.

_MG_3857©

Pickle Love :: July 1

*You end at least half of your sentences with, "Well, then . . ." as if you're going to continue. No idea why.
*You have begun sounding through and phonetically spelling words to accompany your drawings. On. Your. Own. Um, hello child. What are you going to leave for me to teach you?
*When you don't get your way, or we choose to end a conversation, you sigh the biggest sigh you can muster, shake your lowered head and say, "Well, then. I just don't know what to say. I just don't know what to say or do-oo." Such drama.
*Whenever you break something, you say, "Well you can just make a new one, Mamma." Oh, Baby, I wish I could just make a new everything!

My favorite conversation of the day:

Me: Why don't we sit down with your new knitting needles and wool. I'll show you how to hold your yarn and you can help me make a few stitches.
P: I don't want to.
Me: I thought you really wanted to learn how to knit now that you're four.
P: *SIGH* (with much, much drama) I do Mamma. Just not today. (hands held out to the side, elbows bent-like a W- bouncing up and down with each syllable)


July Header is up!