November 19, 2009

Editing. Remembering.

Two of my favorites from today's editing. Both shots brought my Grandad to mind. I miss him. A lot.

Grandad called this a sun-bow; a rainbow cast in the clouds, away from the sun. The first time I remember him showing me one was on a fishing trip below the dam on the Dolores River. J and I had only been married a year or two, so it was at least 10 or 11 years ago. I can close my eyes and remember the exact way it felt, sitting on the bench with him, our heads tipped back, the Colorado sun beating down and that amazing sun-bow shimmering above us in the wispy clouds. The smell of the river. The feel of his strong hand squeezing mine.

I love how this one is reflected in the lake. And the splashes from the rocks A threw.

So much of the good stuff in this life is found in the tiny details.


The Pickle--who shares her Great Grandad's pretty blue eyes.