January 15, 2009

A Malfunctioning Modem and a Little Laziness

Alliteration. I do so enjoy it.

Laziness. It's not so bad either.

Yes, Auntie Em, I'm still here.

Yes, I'm busy sorting seeds and planning my assault on the Bermuda in my soon-to-be-built raised beds.

Yes, I'm busy with Miss Pickle and Miss Sweets together three days a week now instead of two.

Yes, it's cold in my office.

Yes, my modem randomly malfunctions/quits working all together which makes uploading photos & videos difficult.

What's that? That's not really a reason for a week-long unplanned blog break? You want to know more? Why, sure.

I have been knitting dishcloths like mad. I can get a few done in a day if I neglect 85-90% of my other duties. Not that I would do that or anything.

I have not yet finished two birthday presents. One of which should have been delivered before the new year. Sorry Cole.

I have not yet ordered the material for another birthday present. It should have been delivered in October. Oops! Deb, you like gifts all year round. Right?

I did manage to get my hair cut yesterday. It looks awesome. It seems that in order to tame my wild locks they need to be flat ironed into submission before trimming. The result is I look like a pecan shell. I should not wear my hair slicked down to my head. Luckily, it poofs right back up after washing.

I got the battery in my watch replaced yesterday. It died back in the fall of '06.

I went to Lowe's and bought sand for Pickle's sandbox that she got for her birthday. Last June.

I found two closet door knobs to match the ones we're slowly replacing our mismatched (some original, non-functioning) ones with on clearance for five bucks each. Once again, I wish I had more closet doors. People in 1952 did not, apparently, have many clothes.

I have a sink full of dirty pans from last night's dinner. We had homemade mac 'n cheese with ground elk. Old cheese sauce is hard to scrub off. Procrastination never pays. Update: I scrubbed pans this morning at 7:30. Now my sink is full of breakfast dishes. It never ends.

Finally, this photo has nothing to do with this post. It is one of my favorite photos ever. Ever. It's been my wallpaper since I took it. June 6, 2007. Ten days before my baby's first birthday.

Happy Thursday.