June 16, 2008

My Baby is Two

And I'm very conflicted.

We had a wonderful day together. I made her chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast (with candles to blow out, of course). We played 'music time' with her new personalized Mickey CD and her new instruments. We played outside with her new sandbox, garden tools and dumptruck. We snuggled in the big chair. We played blocks. We folded laundry. We sang "Happy Birthday Pickle" at least a dozen times.

Daddy came home and played in her room with her for over an hour. They read every book on the shelf at least once. They listened to music and danced. They
played outside before taking a shower to scrub her grubby little feet.

We had meatloaf for dinner (one of her favorites). We ate left-over ice cream and cake. We blew out candles. Again. We opened her presents. She loves
her new puzzles, pound-a-peg and Suzie Doll.

After dinner, Daddy plugged the video camera in so she could watch herself open the presents she had just opened. She loved it and asked for more. We rewound the tape and watched the clips from April and May. She asked for more again, so I pulled out all the other tapes. We got the camera when she was two days old, so we started there.

Oh, how I miss that sweet smell and soft fuzzy head. The hours and hours of simply sitting and rocking while she nursed and snuggled. Sitting up in bed at 2 am looking at those wide blue eyes and praying for her future. Repeating over and over, "I can't believe you came out of me."

Two years ago today, Baby Girl. You came out of me.

I can't wait to see what God has planned for your precious life.

I have closed comments on this post intentionally. Thanks.