June 27, 2008

Beauty in Destruction

My Man called me from the farm (he was helping our farmer friend) on Wednesday evening to drive over and bring my camera.


When I asked why, he said to take some shots of the fire. To this I asked, "What fire?" You see, I have issues with local news. They report the bad stuff with such vigor and only show good stuff at the end. *shudder*

I used to listen to news radio in my truck, but with the price of fuel, I don't go anywhere anymore.

Apparently, there is a 100+ acre wildfire burning to the south east of our not-so-tiny-anymore town.
Here are few shots I took.

(There were seven more just like this one, taken one after the other. I was trying to get some of the awesome lightening, whose brother lightening seems to be responsible for this wildfire, but I didn't. So I won't bore you with seven more shots of the same fire with just a small change in the shape of the smoke column in each. Although . . . if I knew how to do that rotating image thing , it would look really cool.)

Yes, fire is destructive; but as in all of nature, beauty can be found.